Rogers Electric is one of the country's leading electrical and lighting service providers, for retail, commercial, food service and public sector properties across the U.S. We provide management, labor, materials and equipment for the installation and maintenance of electrical and lighting systems, and do it effectively across multi-site or single unit properties. We are self-performing, and our people are professional and conscientious, consistently delivering quality work, when you need it, every time. We get the job done.
The Operations Intern will ensure proper execution and timely completion of all assigned projects. This position is a full time, paid internship with numerous opporunities and room for advancement, as well as extensive hands-on experience.
- Plans, organizes, and staffs key field positions and projects
- Able to quickly adapt to change and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy
- Initiates and maintains relationships with prime clients and contacts in order to facilitate construction activities
- Monitors/controls construction through administrative direction of on-site contacts to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures
- Represents company in project meetings, assists in strategy meetings, etc.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with Client
- Monitors safety of electricians on job site
- Responsible for compiling and submitting timesheets for crew
- Responsible for ordering material and cost projections
- Updating customer work orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Either a rising Junior or Senior majoring in a Management or General Business degree program or other related field
- Problem solving—resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings
- Written Communication—edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, primarily with Excel
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed